- 2017 I got married to a gorgeous blonde, green eyed Irish lady (@mrshoefsmit on twitter)
- Born in Crete (Greece), Heraklion - Approaching 55 - Rapidly
- Grew Up in Netherlands, Utrecht
- Live in Kingston upon Thames, United Kingdom
- Lived in USA, Shrewsbury MA and Zurich Switzerland
- Triathlon / Duathlon (swimming, cycling, running)
- CrossFit, Pilates, Yoga, Gym
- Inline Skating - when I was young
- Running (most distances) - not that much anymore
- Martial Arts when I was lots younger
- Scuba Diving
- Reading, My kids, Travel, Chill, Gadgets, TV/Film/Music
- I like to gain through pain. Meeting great people. Fund raising
- Running with my youngest daughter (my son is too fast) and my oldest is travelling the world.
In the beginning I didn't do a lot of sport. I used to when I was younger, but my work which brought me across the world and in lot's of restaurants. The Airport/Hotel/Office lifestyle. Nothing wrong with, but not the most healthy of lifestyles.
Maybe that is why Up in the Air is one of my favorite movies.
So in 2008 while on vacation, I just started the gym again, I decided, I doubt I will lose weight, but maybe I will at least not gain. Did the gym and run everyday while in Greece. When back home I continued doing this. I decided that if I would sign up for a run I would continue to run. So I signed up for the Kingston Breakfast run. After that I decided that I actually can swim and cycle so why not a triathlon? So I signed up for that. O yeah, I actually never really seen one, so I went to see the Blenheim one. And it continues from there.
On 25 August 2012 I became a non-smoker, however I now (2015) smoke again occasionally. All my times of doing events dropped. I could not really run faster, I just could run longer at the same speed I could do for 5 minutes. Example: Kingston Breakfast run 1:09 best time, 2012, October, 59 minutes. Parkrun 5k best time 23 minutes and a number of seconds, September 2012, 21 minutes and a number of seconds.